5 Tips to Help You Convert More Website Visitors to Customers
There are lots of ways to get traffic to your website, but more importantly than web traffic is the percentage of people who actually do business with you. Many times when people contact us to talk about getting more business online, we are able to help them actually increase their conversion rate, as opposed to increasing their web traffic which makes them more money in the end. Here is a little equation to show you the power of increased conversions over increased website visitors.
If you have 5,000 visitors per month, but only convert 0.5% to customers, you will have 25 customers. If your competitor has half the amount of visitors (2,500) but has a higher conversion rate (let’s say, 2%), they would end up with 50 customers, which is twice as many customers.
So assuming you want to know how to increase your websites conversion rate, here are a few tips:
- Make sure it is easy to contact you. Whether your goal is an ecommerce sale or a direct contact, making it easy to contact you usually results in higher conversions. People want to know that they can contact you in the event of a problem, so even if they are going right to your shopping cart, having the phone number will give them peace of mind.
- Ask for your visitors contact information. It’s very easy to implement an email capture, and easy to get people to fill it out and give you their info, as long as you give them something of value first. The most common is a PDF download with some insider tips or an eCourse (emails, video series, etc.) delivered via email autoresponse. If you are just getting started, I recommend using Aweber as an autoresponder system because it is simple to use and affordable.
- Have an About Us page. It’s one of the most commonly visited pages on a website because people want to know who they are doing business with. Pictures go a long way in creating trust because people want to know they are doing business with real people, and not just a website.
- Add video testimonials. Sadly, many unethical companies fabricate testimonials and savvy customers know this. If you use video testimonials, it makes it a bit more trust worthy.
- Write compelling copy with calls to action. Let your visitors know what you want them to do, and most of all, don’t have typos or grammatical errors when you do. People are often looking to qualify a site out, especially if they found you through Google because there are often so many companies to choose from.
This is just a start. There are several factors that influence how web visitors react, including color, layout, consumer confidence, and a host of others. Starting by looking at these factors will at least help you to see if you are on the right track or if you need professional help. We have a team of website experts who can do a full usability analysis on your website and help get you on track to running a highly profitable website. Contact us if you need assistance and feel free to comment below with any questions.