Are you using video marketing in your business? If not, you are missing out on a huge opportunity. In fact, one of the most visited websites in You Tube, which is a video sharing website. Videos are also shared with regularity through social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Digg, and StumbleUpon, so there is lots of potential for your video to “go viral” and reach the masses. But, that can only happen if you have a video to promote.
What Types of Videos Should You Create?
The only limit on what you can create in the form of video content is your imagination. This is where having a marketing mastermind group can help you come up with great ideas. Some good examples are:
- Having a professionally shot business commercial video
- On the fly videos (if you get a great idea, just take a video)
- Testimonials (get your customers on video before they leave your business)
- Video tours of your business
- Videos of you “in action” (working, presenting, etc.)
- Educational videos (tips and tricks)
- Expert Interviews
You get the idea. They key for many is just starting. If you really don’t think you have any content for videos, simply write down any questions that your prospects or customers ask you and then answer the question in a video (after you have answered their question.)
How Easy is It To Create Videos?
It doesn’t really require lots of expensive equipment to make videos. You pretty much need a video camera with a microphone and that’s all. Most computers (both Mac and PC) come with a free video editing software so you can edit if you want to, but if you are just starting, give yourself some leniency and just put some video content out there.
If you own a smart phone (like a Blackberry, iPhone, or Android)m there really is no excuse for not doing some form of video marketing. I often refer to smart phones as “pocket video production studios.” In my live training classes, I will usually shoot a quick video with my phone and upload it to YouTube all from my phone and within a few minutes everyone in the class can see the video live on You Tube.
If you don’t have a smart phone, most phones or digital cameras still take videos, you will just have to take the extra step of getting it uploaded through your computer.
How to Use and Promote Your Videos
There are several ways to get your video in front of people. Here are some tips:
- Use video on your website (these should typically be more professional).
- Upload your videos to YouTube, Vimeo, and other video sharing sites. In fact, you can use a web based system called OneLoad to upload your videos to multiple video sites. You can find them at: http://www.oneload.com/
- Share them on social media sites. Sites like Pinterest and StumbleUpon can be great places to share videos in addition to the other social media sites you are using.
- Use them in your blog. This is a great way to liven up a blog. I recommend providing a written narrative of the blog post as well for those who would rather read. This was everyone is happy.
- Send video emails. Video emails are fast becoming a great way to communicate. There are a few great software providers out there that make video email marketing simple and affordable.
Where to Host Your Videos
When it comes to video hosting there are a few options. Many small businesses start out with free services such as YouTube and Vimeo, but once you are at a point of needing direct support and high performace (no buffering, etc.) you will want to use a video hosting solution such as vzaar. We have partnered with vzaar to help enhance our clients video performance and the results have been great. Here is what one of our clients had to say:
Our international media group is so happy with the delivery of our many videos after switching to vzaar!
Tom Peterson, CatholicsComeHome.org
Register for free 30 day trial on the vzaar video hosting platform or for those desiring a consultation, please contact us at 603-903-6223 x3 or email@example.com.