Earn More Business Through Holistic Digital Marketing
The other day I got the kind of email I love to get. It was from a client (who originally was reluctant to engage in Pay Per
Click Search) saying that he got a new prospect from the web. For him to get a new prospect was nothing new, but what amazed him was seeing the power of having a holistic approach to digital marketing.
We had just launched his new website and I convinced him to add pay per click search to his campaign due to the fact that it was his “high season” for business. He agreed and we got it started for him.
He received a call from someone who specifically said he had clicked on the ad, and once he got to the website he realized that he had already spoken to him and knew of his work (through our content marketing efforts.) We never know why people don’t call us the first time they find us online, but we do know that if they are doing their due diligence and they find us over and over again, it reinforces that we are the experts to work with.
So what Does a Holistic Digital Marketing Campaign Look Like?
It simply means you don’t rely on one form of digital marketing exclusively. Here are the components that should be included:
- SEO. Search Engine Optimization is foundational to your digital marketing campaign. You always want to ensure you are using the right keywords and copy and getting the right sites to link back to yours.
- Local Search. Whether you are local or national, having a local search footprint leads to winning online.
- Pay Per Click Search. As in my example above, paid search (pay per click search) can give a boost to an otherwise productive online campaign.
- Email Marketing. If you are not capturing email addresses, you are missing out big time on the opportunity to stay connected with someone interested in your offering.
- Social Media. If you are not integrating social media into your digital marketing, you are missing out on those asking for you within social networks. You are also missing out on the opportunity to be the source of education and empowerment for your prospective customers.
- Press & Media Relations. Getting featured in the news has so many additional benefits, that it makes no sense to not get engaged with the media. Many businesses – small and large – miss out on this opportunity to be validated by a trusted third party. Put press and media relations on your radar to stand out from your competitors.
- Content Marketing. When you publish content, your prospects see you as the expert. If you want to stay in front of your competitors, make sure you are out producing them when it comes to content. This can be in the form of blog posts, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Video Marketing. This is visual content but it clearly deserves its own line item. Sadly, only 24% of brands are using video marketing which spells opportunity for you (Source: Kantar Media via Amy Schmittauer).
So what does your digital marketing campaign look like? Are you implementing all of the strategies listed here? If not, what’s hosting you back? Let me know how we can help you take your business to the next level.