Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization (also known as SEO or organic search) is the process of getting your website to rank well in the search engines. Your goal should be to have your website show up in the top 3 positions in the search engines for keywords related to your business. The process is not extremely difficult, but it does take knowhow, a strategy, time & patience, as well as the desire and ability to keep up with all of the changes in the ranking factors (known as algorithms) at Google, Bing and other search engines.
There are several key elements required for a successful search engine optimization campaign, and our team can implement them for you, so you can stay focused on running your business.
- The Right Website Platform. If your website uses technology that is not search engine friendly, such as creation of dynamic pages, exclusive use of flash, or exclusive use of images (no text), it will be hard for your website to rank in the search engines. We recommend the WordPress platform for most client websites as it has been found to be one of the most search engine compatible platforms available.
- The Right Keywords. To obtain success with organic search, you need to be targeting keywords that people are already searching for. If you rank for terms that no one is searching for, you won’t be happy with those results. Your target keywords need to be placed strategically within your website (places like title tags, headers and in the content of your web pages.)
- The Right Content. Search engines love content! When people search online they are usually looking for information and often seeking answers to a problem. If your website has keyword rich, compelling content, chances are your website will rank well and be found by those searching.
- The Right Links. Links are the economy of the web. A link to your site is essentially a vote for your website in the eyes of the search engines. Your goal should be to have votes from plenty of site, with an emphasis on links from trusted website that are in your industry. Common types of links would be from:
• Search engine directories
• Press and media links
• Niche industry websites
• Relevant Blogs
• Social Media sites
The amount of links you will need depends on the type of links that you generate and how competitive your industry is.
There are several additional factors (hundreds) but the 4 areas above represent the primary categories at a high level. SEO is at the core of what we do and we have been helping get websites ranked in the search engines successfully since 1999. If you want to learn how we can help you get the page one search engine rankings (and targeted website traffic) that you desire, contact us today.